With each Flat Aggie report, I’ll be putting together a list additional resources, websites, recipes, books, and activities. Use this with Flat Aggie’s report Anderson’s Pig Farm. Pig Farmer Math brings these Agmazing Adventures to life!
Classroom Activities & Resources
- From Illinois Ag in the Classroom: Pork Ag Mag (smart board version)
- From Pork: Be Inspired: classroom activities, recipes
- From Wisconsin Ag in the Classroom: Pork Fast Facts & worksheets
- From Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom: Swine Facts
- Farm Animals: Pigs by Rachel Bell
- Smart, Clean Pigs by Allan Fowler
- A Hog Ate My Homework by Gary Metivier
- Complimentary lesson guide under Specialty Books
- Pigs: Amazing Pictures and Facts About Pigs by Breanne Sartori
- If You Give A Pig A Pancake by Laura Numeroff and Felicia Bond
- A Field Trip to Ohio Pig Farms, from Ohio Pork
- Pork – From Fork to Farm (song), from Ohio Pork
Activity: Pig Lantern, From Rock Island, IL Ag in the Classroom
- Miniature Paper Lanterns – various colors (can find at Oriental Trading Co.)
- Paper cutouts (see picture below)
- Google eyes
- Corresponding colored cardstock or construction paper
- Glue (dots or stick)
- Get 1 pink paper lantern.
- Get 2 pig ears and 1 pig nose.
- Using glue dots put the pig ears and nose on the lantern.
- Get 2 eyes and place them on the lantern.
- Get a pig tail and glue it to the back of the lantern.
- Cut notches into the ears (this is how farmers identify each pig and it feels like the pig is getting its ear pierced).