With each Flat Aggie report, I’ll be putting together a list additional resources, websites, recipes, books, and activities. Use this and farmer math from A Kansas Farm Mom to bring Flat Aggie’s Agmazing Adventures to life!
Use with Flat Aggie Visits Keriel Dairy.
Classroom Activities & Resources
From National Ag In The Classroom
From Illinois Ag In The Classroom: Dairy Ag Mag (compatible with smartboards)
- Clarabelle by Cris Peterson (ISBN-13: 978-1590783108)
- Click, Clack, Moo by Doreen Cronin & Betsy Lewin (ISBN-13: 978-1442433700)
- Extra Cheese, Please! by Cris Peterson (ISBN-13: 978-1590782460)
- Hooray for Dairy Farming by Bobbie Kalman
- Food: Milk by Louise Spilsbury
- The Butter Battle by Dr. Seuss
Shake it Up ~ Butter Making Recipe
• 1 empty baby food jar (or larger size pimiento jar with tight fitting lid)
• whipping cream
• good music
• smiling & screaming kids
1. Take 1 jar and fill 1/2 with whipping cream
2. Add several kids dancing and shaking with jars in hand
3. BINGO!! Butter!
4. Add a little salt and spread on sandwich bread.
5. It’s delicious
6. 1 teaspoon sour cream per 1/2 pint of whipping cream can be added