With each Flat Aggie report, I’ll be putting together a list additional resources, websites, recipes, books, and activities. Use this and farmer math from A Kansas Farm Mom to bring Flat Aggie’s Agmazing Adventures to life!
Use with Flat Aggie Visits the Great Pumpkin Patch
From Illinois Ag in the Classroom: Pumpkin Ag Mags
From Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom: Harvest of the Month posters (scroll down to find cucumbers or summer squash) & corresponding lessons about cucurbits (i.e. pumpkins, squash, etc.)
- Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White (ISBN-13: 978-0823413201)
- The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin by Joe Troiano (ISBN-13: 97-8435120884)
- How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin? by Margaret McNamara (ISBN13: 9780375940149)
- From Seed to Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeffer
- Patty’s Pumpkin Patch by Terri Sloat
- Picking Apples and Pumpkins by Liz Mills
- Pumpkin by Jack Will Hubbell
- Pumpkin Pumpkin by Jeanne Titherington
- Pumpkins by Jacqueline Farmer
From Illinois Ag in the Classroom
Pumpkin Interest Approaches (scroll down to pumpkin) Includes pumpkin pie in a bag, pumpkin chain and more.
Pumpkin Glyph (for K-3). Found on page 12 of this lesson book.